Tips from the experts to help make your move go smoothly
- Each box should be labeled with the room it needs to go into and a few of its contents for easy unpacking.
- Always write on the side of boxes that you pack so you can see its contents while the box is stacked.
- Always pack a “Parts” box, including hardware from disassembled furniture, remotes, and other essentials, LABEL IT WELL!
- Check with your home owners insurance company weeks before the move to see what they cover. Decide what level of Valuation that is right for you.
- Be available at your destination to tell the moving crew where you would like items placed at your new house.
- Do not pack flammables, corrodibles, or combustibles in any box that is to go on the moving van.
- Clothing may be left in sturdy dressers. They may be tipped so unload anything that you do not want to shift.
- Remember that moving is hard on pets, having a secure location for them during the process reduces their stress.
- If you are packing yourself, make sure all boxes are packed and are enclosed. Nothing affects how smoothly your move goes than being packed and ready.
For more moving advice, visit our Moving Tips blog.